Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Follow the Signs

Tuesday! Woo!

I have to say, I had a great Labor Day weekend. I had to work a lot of hours, but my job just consists of sitting on my lazy ass and giving people pool table equipment. So, all-in-all, a great job. By the way, I was watching some behind-the-scenes features on the Jackie Brown DVD, and I think that we all need to sit down and watch "Scream, Blacula, Scream." Any takers?


Anyway, back to today's post. I was walking around on campus today, and I happened to see two different signs that caught my eye. The first one I saw seemed a bit ironic, especially when you know it's addressed to a bunch of beer- and sex-obsessed college students, particular those from the Orange County (excuse me...O.C.) area:


But just to make sure that this is ironic, when my supervisor tells me to take down old posters around the Morlan building, I know where this is going, and it's definitely NOT gonna be the RECYCLABLE trash bin. HA HA HA HA HA! Oh, Ray, you evil mother-fucker.

As for the second sign I saw, I have to say that it bewilders and intrigues me.

The event is being held by the Student Society of Entertainment Arts, which means that this will probably end up being a sketch, a sketch, or...oh yeah, a sketch. You see, this group's claim to fame every year is their Comedy Show, held once every semester. It's a mix of recorded sketches or staged sketches depending on whether the director was into film or theater. Well, that's my understanding of it anyway. Apparently last year's show was pretty "meh", so I'm glad I didn't spend my two bucks; I need those for the vending machine. Either way, I might show up to this meeting tonight in hopes that this event is not a sketch and the guy in the gorilla suit really does kick the shit out of opponent X or vice versa. If I do go, I'll make sure to bring my camera.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah, I'm down for some
"Scream, Blacula, Scream!"
How bout Saturday?
...
(smug laughs & takes a drink)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Raymond Delgadillo said...

You're coming down Saturday?

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope, being a sarcastic asshole.
guess i need to work on it a bit more, huh?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Raymond Delgadillo said...

LOL. You dirty, little bastard.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home