Saturday, September 24, 2005

My 2nd Job

Hey, everyone.

I'm sorry if the posts have been very sparse lately, but there really hasn't been a whole lot going on here in Orange. I just really don't want to write a post every single day for them to end up like this:

Today was okay...went to class...ate...watched TV...did homework at work...I hate my teachers...yada yada yada...

So, anyway, back to today's post. As all of you know by now, I am a DVD-whore. I pretty much buy whatever the hell I like, and I try to justify my spending sprees by saying things like "it's research" or "I want something to show my children". Really, though, I'm a whore.

Unfortunately, I have been buying too much, and I can't keep up the pace of paying my credit card back as fast as I am spending. On top of that, I need to start paying for car insurance, car maintenance, gas, food, and the ever-impending holiday season. So, with all of that, I have decided to take on a second job.

Now, I know what most of you are saying: "But, Ray, you've hated every job you've ever had! Why don't you just stop buying so many DVDs you fat bastard!" To this I respond with a loving "Shut your ass." Look, my current job is a cake walk; all I do is give out pool table equipment and do my homework. I get PAID to sit and do my homework. It's not even like a real job. Also, I only have four classes, so most days I just sit around doing nothing because of the loads of free time. So, a 2nd job won't be so bad. Sure, I'll probably hate it, but at least it's not retail this time.

"WHAT? NOT RETAIL?!?" That's right. I finally got an off-campus, shitty job that doesn't involve peddling wares to customers. Ready to hear what it is? Here it comes:

Yup, I'm going to be working for Knott's Berry Farm's Security Division. This should be extremely fun seeing as how I try to avoid people and, to a greater extent, confrontation.

To be honest, I didn't apply for this job. I initially went to try-out for a Halloween Haunt monster. However, they already had plenty of monsters. So, I said I could do crowd control. That's when their head of security walked in and told me that he'd pay me $7.03/hour if I worked for security instead of the minimum-wage-giving crowd control. I was very reluctant, but I guess they were desperate becaused Mr. Head-Of-Security stole me from the crowd control people and told me to follow him to his office. What followed was a horrible trip to La Mirada to find the drug screening clinic, but I'll save that story for tomorrow (or later today if I get bored at work).

So, that's it. I haven't worked a day yet, but my orientation is this Tuesday and Wednesday, and I'll probably have my on-the-job training on the first night of Halloween Haunt. I'll tell you all how that goes. In the mean time, if any of you want Halloween Haunt tickets, tell me because I'm pretty sure I get a discount. Anyway, I'm out of here. I'll see you all later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice threads.

Is that plastic?

Knotts are cheap bastards compared to Disneyland...

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you betrayed the maus?
still, thats cool now you can
support your addicti... hobby.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Raymond Delgadillo said...

Nah, I haven't betrayed the maus. The strange thing, though, is that I suddenly wanna buy Peanuts memorabilia.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Raymond Delgadillo said...

Somewhat, yes.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home