Saturday, October 15, 2005

I'm a cheap bastard!

Yay, a new post! (Not that it's anything special.)

So, yeah, sorry about the sparse updates...working, working, working. The blog should be updated more frequently when my security job is over at the end of October. Speaking of which, does anyone want to celebrate the end of Halloween Haunt with me? That means a regular hang out but with a cake and some party hats. Anyone like hats? Anyway, just get back to me.

Back to today's post.

The other day, I went to a Halloween Shop to look for a wig that I need for a performance in Acting for Non-Actors. (In case anyone is wondering, I have to impersonate Weird Al impersontaing Avril Lavigne...this should go down in a blaze of glory.) Well, I found a wig, but it's $25. However, there was a sign in the store that said they can refund or exchange items before October 24th. So, I went up to the cashier to inquire about this:

ME:
Excuse me, but is this wig considered an accessory?

CASHIER:
An accessory?

ME:
Yeah. Your sign says you can refund all accessories as long as it's before October 24th.

CASHIER:
Hmm...I dunno...If it's in good condition, I guess. Do you want to buy it?

ME:
Not right now. I'm going to come again on Monday to pick it up...after I get paid.

CASHIER:
Okay, but just make sure to bring it back before the 24th if you find it's not exactly what you're looking for.

ME:
Actually, I'm gonna bring it back later that day.

CASHIER:
Why?

ME:
Well, it's because I only need it for a three-hour period. It's not gonna get damaged or anything, but I only need it for three hours, so I'm gonna come back later for a refund.

Bre was with me and witnessed this exchange. After we left the store, she said, basically, that I looked like a cheap schmuck (jokingly, of course), but, c'mon, $25 for a wig that I only need for a solid ten minutes in a three hour class? Damn straight I'm returning it for a refund. Although, she is right; I didn't have to tell the cashier all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home